Heeeyyyyy! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Years and any other Holiday that you celebrate. I’ve been absent because I’ve been on vacation! We didn’t go anywhere, just stayed home and spent lots of quality time together which has been sooo nice.
The couple of weeks before Christmas were hectic and stressful for both of us. We didn’t start buying gifts until the Monday before! Luckily we got it done pretty quick (tip: sit down and make a list of who you’re buying for in one column then gift ideas in the next) and everything was wrapped and ready to go by Friday night. We had a nice quiet Christmas Eve, just the two of us (well 5 of us if you count the animals) and then drove through 5 counties to see all of our families on Christmas day. It was hectic but so much fun!
The time between Christmas and New Years was spent doing household chores and improvements, working out together (we hadn’t done CrossFit together in months, I go in the morning and he goes in the evening) and watching both The Pacific and Band of Brothers miniseries. The husband is working today so New Years Eve was pretty low key. I made some homemade sangria for our celebration and we turned in early at 1030pm.
This morning I set out for a long run and decided to do 12 miles as a nod to the new year.
Review of 2011:
I’ll make this short and sweet since I’ve only been blogging for 6 months. To start with, I decided to start this blog! Before that nothing earth shattering happened in the first 6 months of 2011. Just a few 5Ks and 10Ks, I started doing CrossFit and then made the decision to run my second marathon. I started training hard and found out I had a tumor in my left breast and had surgery 6 weeks before my marathon. The tumor was benign, I recovered quickly and ran my second marathon with a 33 minute PR. Then I ran my first half marathon in under 2 hours, ran 2 more and broke 1:55. I also did Tough Mudder and had a blast getting electrocuted! The latest CrossFit development, which I haven’t blogged about yet, is I can now do unassisted pull-ups! They are of the kipping variety and I still haven’t managed to string them together but it’s a step in the right direction! All in all a great year and I look forward to another.
As you all know, I’m big into goals.So here are some that I’ve been thinking about for 2012.
- Continue my CrossFit/running/healthy eating while trying to remain injury-free.
- Self breast examination every month.
- Finally go back to the dermatologist and get my adult acne under control.
- 5K PR, I haven’t run any 5Ks this season and I’m excited to see where I’m at now.
- 10K PR, same situation as 5K.
- Sub 1:50 half marathon.
- 3rd full marathon.
Family and Friends
- No computer after 8pm so that my attention is devoted to the husband every evening.
- Unique (as in something different than the same 3 restaurants) date nights once a month with the husband.
- Make time for friends at least once a month.
- Walk the dogs 4x/week and take them to the dog park 1x/month.
- Actually grow something other than weeds in my Earth Box.
- Blog at least 2x/week.
- Replace the entry-way furniture and redo the office.
- Get to church 2x/month.
Well there you have it! I’m very excited for what this year may bring and I wish everyone a healthy and happy 2012!